How Can I Make Sure My Home is Safe for Myself and Workers During the Fire Restoration Process?
Safety is our priority. You can count on our professionals with state of the art equipment to quickly restore your home so you can return safely.
SERVPRO Takes Safety Precautions Seriously when Cleaning Your Largo Residence.
A fire in your Largo home in Pinellas County can be utterly overwhelming as you decide what course of action to take. Safety is the first concern, and it is vital to remove all imminent dangers from your house. Technicians thoroughly scope the damage while ensuring a safe working environment.
Do I Need to Leave My House During the Cleanup Process?
SERVPRO Creates an Individualized Plan Catered to Your Unique Situation in Largo.
We understand that each fire damage restoration project in Largo comes with its own set of issues and that property owners may not want to leave the property during the cleanup and repair process. However, it would be best for you to consider factors such as your electricity and water status. Together, you decide with the SERVPRO project manager or team leader, whether or not your home is inhabitable during the restoration process.
What Are Some Safety Issues to Consider?
- Homeowners and restorers must communicate throughout the restoration process to establish procedures, particularly on securing the worksite.
- Both homeowners and technicians should keep the area clean and organized to eliminate further safety hazards.
- Technicians should wear PPE (personal protective equipment) during the restoration process.
What Is Proper PPE Protocol for Fire Restoration?
- PPE should be clean before each use.
- Technicians wear respirators when dealing with organic or chemical vapors and debris. As a homeowner, if you see a technician wearing a respirator, it is safe to say that you either need a respirator or you should steer clear of the area where they are working.
- When wearing gloves, they should be chemical resistant for skin safety to avoid blisters or irritation.
For 24/7 assistance completing your home restoration project, contact SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060. We make it, "Like it never even happened."
Learn more about Largo.
How Do I Choose a Company to Clean Up Water Damage?
SERVPRO Cleans Up and Restores Water Damaged Clearwater Properties--While Working within Insurance Guidelines
SERVPRO brings decades of experience and the latest in restoration techniques to local Clearwater properties in need
It seems the most inconvenient times are when hot water tanks fail, toilets back up, pipes burst, or that leak in the roof happens. When you need water cleanup in your Clearwater home, the key is to begin as soon as possible with the extraction and drying. Some of the key elements to look for when choosing a local restoration services company are:
- Ask about water-restoration related certifications
- Find out about the equipment that gets used
- Will the company work with your insurance carrier?
- Is there a policy to inhibit out-of-pocket charges by working within the scope of coverage?
- Does the company have access to professional-grade cleaning agents, antimicrobials, and antibacterial solutions?
Can Water Damage Restoration Companies Do Repairs As Well As Cleanup?
When choosing among local water restoration companies in Clearwater, you already know the necessary information to ask about. Getting repairs done after the water removal and drying of the structure makes the whole process seamless. With their general contractor license #CBC1250662, SERVPRO technicians can handle any needed repairs or reconstruction to every part of your home. Commonly needed repairs the technicians provide include:
- Replacement of sheetrock on walls and ceilings
- Installation of tile
- Refinishing or replacement of hardwood floorboards
- Painting and other cosmetic services
The technicians work to save homeowners the cost of repairs and replacement whenever possible. The use of equipment such as an infrared camera to identify water location assists in assuring that no moisture gets left behind. Other sensitive moisture detectors and hygrometers help the techs measure the amounts of moisture saturation throughout the home. Once they pinpoint all the locations, they can use their powerful extraction equipment to remove the majority of the water. Even if the water in the home is several inches deep, they have the equipment to handle it.
Special Water Damage Situations
When the water contains sewage, chemicals, or other harmful elements, the techs have training and experience handling biohazard-level cleanup jobs. The job entails wearing protective gear, and most importantly, respiration equipment aspirating water vapor can prove harmful. There are different types of containment, such as simple barriers made from heavy gauge plastic sheeting or setting up negative air chambers, both methods work to inhibit the potential for cross-contamination.
Floodwater from heavy storms or hurricanes is part of living in this part of the state, and it is crucial to work with a restoration services company that has the experience of dealing with this type of damage. This type of water intrusion event frequently needs controlled demolition. Sheetrock deteriorates rapidly and sagging ceilings or buckling walls can present safety hazards and require removal. The techs remove only the damaged portion and leave the rest of the structure intact to limit the amount of rebuilding needed to restore the home.
Removing Mold from a Clearwater, Florida Property?
In short, it is impossible to remove naturally occurring airborne mold spores that are floating harmlessly both indoors and outdoors. However, when the conditions in your home become right in terms of a damp area with temperatures that sustain growth, you can have a spreading mold infestation in your home. Once mold establishes itself, it will not go away on its own and should have professional remediation to halt the process. The techs will also investigate and find out the reason for the mold growth and suggest remedies to stop the situation from continuing.
SERVPRO technicians have comprehensive training and certification to handle mold remediation #MRSR1163 in your home. They carefully contain the area to prevent any spread of the spores to other areas of the house and dry the existing colonies. Afterward, they remove the dry matter using manual methods or automated techniques such as soda or ice blasting to remove the dried mold without marring the surface it is on.
Once the structure gets dried and treated for any mold issues, the technicians focus their attention on any remaining residual water odors. The distinctive musty smell can get removed through the use of deodorizing cleaning agents, the use of gel pellets, or more robust methods such as thermal fogging or hydroxyl generators. The techs choose the appropriate method based on the level of scent control needed in the home.
SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060 is proud to serve the local area as one of the premier water restoration companies. Their trained, certified technicians are available 24/7 and arrive quickly on site. The techs work diligently to return your home to tiptop shape.
Are All Mold Remediation Companies Capable of Restoring Commercial Premises?
Mold can be off-putting to customers. Call SERVPRO for remediation.
Commercial Mold Removal Typically Requires Industrial Equipment and Resources. SERVPRO is a Largo-based Mold Remediator for your Business
Can I prevent mold in a commercial building?
Mold can grow if there is ample food supply, moisture, and temperature within your Largo business. Some of the most effective treatment for microbial growth is preventative. Identifying and repairing leaks in the structure or plumbing system can be a cost-saving method of controlling microbial growth. Equally, acting quickly at the first signs of mold using a dehumidifier and ventilating the space can be useful measures. However, there will be periods of inactivity in the building for many commercial businesses, for example, outside of working hours. If a microbial issue gets out of control, it can cause business interruption forcing a temporary closure. SERVPRO is a dedicated mold remediator that can ensure business interruption is minimal.
What measures can be taken against mold growth?
A professional commercial mold damage remediator in Largo typically conducts an air toxicity test when arriving on site. We may perform this test in both the affected area and the surrounding rooms. Depending on the infestation size, our team may need to bring industrial dehumidifiers, disinfectants, air scrubbers, and large air-movers. Our team can disinfect the area to create a sanitary environment. Using negative air pressure or decontamination tents may be set up in your property, ensuring that mold spores do not become airborne or spread.
- What types of mold commonly affect commercial properties?
- Penicillium which appears as a yellow or green mold colony
- Aspergillus which frequently occurs in indoor environments
- Stachybotrys also known as black mold
To minimize business interruption and maintain your commercial premises' safety due to microbial growth, contact SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060.
More about Largo.
Water Leaked into my Tiled Florida Room, How Do I Make Sure There is No Lasting Damage?
SERVPRO provides advanced equipment like this Injecti-Dry system to eliminate the remaining moisture after a water-damaging event in Largo
Our SERVPRO Technicians in Largo Mitigate Water Damage with Rapid Extraction
Moisture and humidity are an uncomfortable part of living in Largo. Anything that adds excess moisture is undesirable. For instance, water leaking into your Florida room from your kitchen adds to already-high humidity levels. If left too long, excess moisture may attract insects or foster difficult-to-remove mold growth. Detecting, drying, and removing the moisture right away is crucial to the timely repair of your home.
How Did Water Get Under the Tiles?
SERVPRO Inspects to Detect Hidden Moisture
There are always unique obstacles to water restoration projects in Largo, each requiring customized solutions. For instance, during their preliminary damage scope, our technicians may find water under the tiles when using moisture detection equipment. Typically, moisture can appear under flooring when there is pre-existing damage like cracks in the tiles themselves or damaged grouting. If moisture goes undetected under the tiles, you may face more extensive damage like the tiles lifting.
What Equipment Does SERVPRO Use to Remove the Excess Moisture?
- To dry hidden areas in hard-surfaced flooring, technicians may use Injectidry equipment by the trim work and lower walls.
- A combination of panels and hosing make up our Injectidry system that pulls excess moisture from the tiles.
- Technicians use low-profile air moving equipment such as the Velo™ Air Mover in conjunction with a dehumidifier to pull moisture from the air while blowing warm air over the tiles to dry them.
What Makes Low-Profile Air Movers Different from Regular Box Fans?
- Velo™ air movers feature high-velocity air movement while only drawing 1.9 amps.
- They have broad airflow that covers a larger surface area, allowing for uniform drying across your tile flooring.
- Technicians can position them both horizontally and vertically for optimal drying.
For prompt 24/7 assistance dealing with water damage, contact SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060. We make it "Like it never even happened. "
What Emergency Services Do You Provide If A Fire Occurs in My Home?
Smoke and fire can damage are very stressful for homeowners. SERVPRO can help. We are trained and equipped for complete fire damage remediation.
SERVPRO has Professionally Trained Technicians That Can Provide Emergency Fire Mitigation to Any Largo Home Damaged by fire
If your residence in Largo should ever need fire restoration services, you want a company that will be there from start to finish. SERVPRO steps in and provides emergency services and then moves on to clean up, repair, and restoration.
What are Emergency Services?
When you call SERVPRO because of fire damage to your Largo home, emergency fire mitigation happens first. Emergency services:
- Reduce losses to the property
- Reduce claims expense
- Minimize the disruption to you
- Provide a safe work site
- Prepare the site for cleanup and restoration work
What Are the Steps Taken During This Process?
Each home and fire are different, but some necessary steps typically happen in the process. Safety is foremost for anyone going into the structure. So, the first step is to conduct building inspections allowing the crew to check for any safety or health hazards present. Here are some other measures we take in the beginning.
- Board up the residence.This protection prevents any unwanted intrusions into your home. It also protects against the weather.
- Extract water and dry the structure. Water is a necessary part of extinguishing a fire. Excessive water needs extracted, and the structure requires drying out. Our crews set up drying equipment and monitor moisture content.
- Establish emergency electricity. A temporary power source needs set up immediately.
- Deodorize areas that are affected. Removing odors is not always done right away. If the smoke odors are overpowering, then deodorizing right away may be required. Air scrubbers or thermal fogging get used.
- Initial cleaning begins. It can include cleaning personal items needed by occupants wherever they are staying. It prevents secondary damage from soot residues. It can also involve pre-treating items such as carpets and removing charred remains.
- Pest extermination if needed. If there is a problem with pests, this needs to be dealt with right away. We move contents to the warehouse after ensuring the removal of all pests.
What Can I Do to Help?
Your home is not just a building where you and your family eat and sleep. It is a treasure trove of memories and items that mean something to you. Your home is grandma’s dishes, a child’s artwork, and dad’s war memorabilia. Your first impulse is naturally going to be to help. But the things you do can impact the cleaning and restoration if not handled the right way. Improper cleaning can make restoration harder, if not impossible.
Things to Do That Can Help
If the structure is sound and you can go inside the home safely, certain things are helpful. You can cover carpeting and furniture with towels or old linens to prevent further fire damage in Largo. We ensure they are colorfast. Limit the amount of movement in the house as this spreads the soot. Be sure your hands are clean at all times. If you have residue on your hands, you can cause more fire damage to anything you touch. Things like faucets and appliances can get cleaned with a light lubricant coating in the kitchen and bathroom areas. Empty the refrigerator and freezer of food. You could change furnace filters if your HVAC system were running.
What Not to Do
You may want to do things that look easy, but do not attempt them. For example, do not clean any walls. Do not operate electrical appliances or equipment until they have been cleaned and inspected. If you have clothing that is smoke damaged, do not send it out to the dry cleaners. Unless they have the training to treat clothing that has been in a fire, the process can embed the smells and residues. Please keep in mind carbon monoxide, and smoke residue may still be around, so never enter a severely burnt home until you know it is safe.
Let Us Manage the Stress of the Mess
The more you leave in the hands of our fire damage experts, the better. Your job is to keep your family together and calm. Our job is to clean and restore your home and leave it, “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO’s crew are professionally trained and certified:
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT
- Contractor Licenses: General: CBC1250662
- Contractor Licenses: Mold Remediation: MRSR1163
Contact SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060 for expert fire damage service. We assist you and your insurance, ensuring everything gets handled properly. You can have peace of mind knowing we are doing everything possible to restore your home. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Should I Worry About Flooding if I Have a Concrete Block Largo House?
We make it, “Like it never even happened.”
Yes, Every Type of Largo Home Can Suffer From Flood Damage
As a Florida resident, you understand that you have a high probability of encountering a flood at some point, especially during intense summer storms or even named hurricanes. Homes in Largo typically do not have a basement like homes in northern states. However, being at or below sea level increases the overall flooding risk. Concrete block homes may not have as much visible damage from floods, but there can be underlying issues, especially when they go undetected.
How Can I Tell if There is Damage in My Concrete Block Home?
SERVPRO Uses State-of-the-Art Moisture Sensor Technology to Detect Hidden Moisture
Navigating flood damage to your Largo home can be difficult if you have never experienced a home disaster. This seemingly catastrophic event may be amplified if the damage is not readily visible. Concrete blocks are thick and allow for moisture to fall into cracks, and behind walls easily. There is the potential for excess moisture to rest for long periods. Property owners may only sense a problem when secondary damage, such as unwanted mold growth, appears.
What Processes Do Technicians Use to Mitigate Further Damage in My Home?
• SERVPRO removes excess category three flood water with portable and truck-mounted extraction equipment.
• Technicians use industrial-strength air movers to direct air behind the drywall and into the concrete block cavities.
• Restoration specialists remove excess moisture through the use of dehumidifiers containing HEPA filters.
Our technicians understand the gravity of experiencing loss due to flooding or other natural disasters and take measures to ensure our clients' safety and comfort. For assistance after a flood, Contact SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060. We make it, “Like it never even happened.”
What Should I Do if My Dishwasher in Largo Leaks and Water Gets Behind My Kitchen Cabinets?
Moisture left behind after water damage can create more issues for you and your home. Contact SERVPRO for water damage mitigation.
For Water Mitigation Inside Your Kitchen in Largo Call SERVPRO
Any appliance inside your Largo home that has water running to it is susceptible to malfunctioning and leaking out moisture. For instance, your dishwasher could develop a break in one of its hoses or leak from the machine itself, causing H2O to enter your kitchen.
How can you tell if my kitchen cabinets got wet or if there is moisture underneath them?
During water mitigation inside your Largo kitchen, our SERVPRO technicians can use a non-penetrating moisture meter to detect the presence of moisture in, behind, and underneath your cabinets. Most kitchen cabinets are made with either laminated MDF, solid or engineered wood. Engineered cabinets are similar to solid wood cabinets, but they are made by pressing thin pieces of wood together and then laminating the surface. MDF also has a laminated layer on each side of the material.
Can you restore my cabinets once they get wet?
When dealing with solid wood cabinets, most of the time, they are restorable. Engineered wooden cabinets, though, may delaminate, which can ruin them. Laminate cabinets can also swell and delaminate, making them unrestorable. However, in many cases, we can dry out your cabinets before any swelling or delamination takes place.
How can you dry out my cabinets?
- Air Movers- We can set up air movers to create an air circulation that can speed up the natural evaporation process. If possible, we can remove the bottom part of your cabinets so that the air can get pushed underneath them.
- Dehumidifiers- These machines can speed up drying and evaporation by removing moisture from the atmosphere.
- Injection Drying- In some cases, the baseboard can be removed from the bottom of your cabinets, and holes can get drilled so that an injection drying system can pump air into the bottom cavity of your cabinets.
If you ever notice that your kitchen floor got wet after your dishwasher leaked, call SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060.
Click here to learn more about Largo.
I Need to Get Started on Fire Restoration, Where Do I Begin?
Largo House Fire Cleanup and Restoration by SERVPRO Can Be Part of a Good Insurance Policy
SERVPRO Has the Techniques and Manpower to Handle Fire Restoration to Bring Your Largo Home Back to Life
While DIY efforts may be at the forefront of your mind after a fire in your Largo home, hiring skilled technicians for the job yields the best results. Professional cleaning and restoration reduce the cost of your overall fire damage claim and also shortens the time that you have to wait to return your life to the way it was before the loss. SERVPRO is available to apply all of our proven methods for cleaning to restore your materials and belongings to preloss condition. Our goal with every job we are called to is to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Is There Anything I Can Do Right After the Fire Has Been Extinguished?
When faced with fire damage in Largo, SERVPRO is available and ready to work seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Our emergency restoration services address the airborne threats and debris throughout your home that would be difficult to tackle using do-it-yourself methods alone. Upon arrival, the crew chief does a walkthrough after first responders deem your home safe for entry. This assessment identifies all levels of damage and any unique challenges that may be present so that we can formulate the best practices for proceeding.
Our crews arrive on the scene with advanced equipment and tools geared toward helping to remove stubborn soot and smoke residue. With any fire loss, prompt mitigation helps lessen the severity of damage while reducing the onset of hazardous, long-lasting effects.
Why Should I Enlist the Help of SERVPRO for Fire Restoration?
We have IICRC-certified technicians trained to look for all areas where soot and smoke residue might have traveled, including tight cracks and crevices. Any damaged debris or materials get entirely removed so that we can tackle the rest of the restoration and replacement. We devise a plan that is structured so that we can use our resources in a fast and effective manner, including:
- If necessary, pack-out services facilitate the removal of personal belongings to our facility so that they can be cleaned in detail.
- We remove soot from all surfaces to eliminate the onset of corrosion.
- Technicians get assigned to clean walls, ceilings, and other surfaces
- All structural elements go through a detailed inspection to ensure safety.
- Insulation that has taken on a great deal of smoke damage can be replaced with brand-new materials.
Can I Start Cleaning Up Before Your Team Arrives?
It is essential to wait until the first responders declare your interior safe for entry once the flames are extinguished. However, it is recommended that you wait until our crew arrives to address any charred debris or soot within the affected areas. Professional intervention is best after a fire for several reasons:
- Toxicity is a concern throughout the debris and residue that fire leaves behind. SERVPRO arrives and uses personal protective equipment (PPE) to manage your fire damage project safely.
- Moisture throughout the affected area must also be addressed. Any water or chemicals left behind after extinguishing the flames have to be cleaned up, and the area dried thoroughly. We use extraction techniques and professional-grade equipment to help speed the process.
- Our crew chief takes the time to assess portions of your structure to determine stability carefully – this includes the ceilings, walls, and floors.
- The cleaning methods and products that we use depend on all the materials impacted and how they burned. We take into consideration the chemical composition and nature of all impacted materials and adjust our cleaning methods accordingly.
- To ensure that your interior is not riddled with lingering odors from the fire, we have a broad range of EPA-cleaning agents and powerful disinfectants that clean and deodorize your home.
We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to preloss condition, including:
- Agitation: this involves moving surfaces, cleaning solutions, or both, during the cleaning process. Agitation helps to dislodge soils so that they can easily be washed away. Some of these methods include scrubbing, rotating brushes, water or air pressure, wiping, and sandblasting.
- Chemical Action: this involves cleaning solutions that make the process of cleaning easier. We use the idea that ‘like dissolves like’ – meaning water-based solutions work best on water-based soils, where oil-based cleaning solutions work best on oil-based soils.
- Suspension and Dispersion: this is where loosening soils comes in handy as the most common cleaning action. This gets followed by suspending these soils and dispersing them in a cleaning solution. We then extract soils with the cleaning solution.
We have the tried-and-true fire damage techniques that you need after dealing with fire loss in your home. Call SERVPRO of Largo whenever you need us at (727) 586-0060, and we send out a crew as soon as possible to get to work.
Where Do Retail Managers in Largo Look for Fire Recovery?
Make sure that your patrons don’t find another favorite store to shop at after a fire at your store. Contact SERVPRO for services.
A Fire in your Retail Outlet Can Affect Both Stock and Contents. SERVPRO is the Largo-based Commercial Fire Restoration Firm for your Store.
What Can I Save from a Fire?
Fires can occur at any time of year in your Largo retail store and cause a significant amount of harm. Not only do hot smokes affect the walls, ceilings, and floors, much of your display likely becomes harmed too. Smoke residues may reside on shelving, clothing rails, hangers, as well as any pictures or decor. To restore a building efficiently, it is essential to understand what is salvageable before any work begins. SERVPRO technicians conduct a thorough visual inspection and use their industry-leading training to assess which materials are restorable accurately versus which materials need replacing. In minor to moderate fires, our technicians can restore the majority of your store's decor using state-of-the-art fire restoration equipment.
What equipment can I use to remove smoke from hanging rails, drapery rods, and pictures?
The benefit of using commercial fire restoration services here in Largo is that many materials damaged by smoke or charring are restorable. Substantial items can often benefit from immersion cleaning. We usually employ immersion cleaning for metals that become soiled by smokes, which can include chandeliers, rails, or lighting fixtures. Our team fully-submerge the affected item into a cleaning solvent. The immersion cleaner then uses ultrasonic waves to agitate the solution creating bubbles. As thousands of these bubbles explode against the metal's surface, it creates both heat and pressure, which is exceptionally effective at removing smoke residues from their surfaces.
What materials are suitable for immersion cleaning?
- Metal fixtures or hanging rails
- Some ornaments that are non-porous
- Synthetic materials that are resistant to high temperatures including some plastics
Before you dispose of smoke soiled items in your retail store, contact SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060.
Click here for more information about Largo.
Do I Know if I Have to Move Out After I Suffer from a Fire?
House fires are stressful. Let SERVPRO take the pressure off and restore your home.
If You Ever Have Fire Damage in Your Largo Home SERVPRO Can Help Determine if Your House is Livable or Not
Our SERVPRO technicians can take several steps during the initial inspection process to determine if you can stay in your dwelling during the restoration process. It all boils down to whether your building's structure is sound or not and if you can still have your necessities available to you after the blaze occurs.
What factors can force me to move out of my home during the restoration process?
During any fire damage restoration in Largo, our SERVPRO team looks at several occurrences, including the following:
- Safety Hazards: During some situations, there can be hazards that can make your home unlivable. When the blaze severely burns sections of your structure, then you may have to leave your house during the restoration process.
- Structural Integrity Issues: Some fires can cause your wooden studs or ceiling trusses to get burnt. If the charring is deep enough, your structural components could become weak and deem your building not safe for occupants.
- Lack of Access to Utilities: Suffering from a house fire can cause necessary utilities to become unavailable. For example, burnt materials could cause electrical shorts, a loss of water, or natural gas resources. If you are unable to keep up your usual living situation after items burn inside your house, you will most likely have to move out during the remediation procedures.
If I move out of my home during the restoration process, do you have to remove my contents?
During more severe fire restoration procedures, it is more efficient to restore your structural components and personal items separately. It is much easier to clean contents in an unaffected area, just like it works better to restore a structure free of the moveable items in your house.
If you ever happen to have even a small fire torch items inside your house in Belleair Bluffs or Indian Rocks Beach, call SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060.
More about Largo.