Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
Mold damage is likely to be at the forefront of your mind if you are a long-time resident of Largo. The warm climate mixed with a high humidity that we enjoy here is conducive to mold growth meaning we have the same problems that those in the northern states have to deal with. Also, after water, fire or storm damage residual moisture can build up out of sight which usually appears as an unpleasant, musty odor in certain parts of the home. These are additional sources of moisture for mold spores to absorb and growth.
Dealing with mold damage is no mean feat, and you need a special issued Florida state license to both to assess and remediate mold damage. Buddy Greenway, operations manager here at SERVPRO of Largo has both. A typical mold remediation job involves an initial inspection followed by a rapid, remediation process. During the inspection phase, we are looking for the source of mold, without treating this area, mold can easily return after a job is done.
Remediation requires a thorough treatment phase using barriers to block off the affected area effectively. Agitation of colonies during cleaning can cause airborne mold spores to travel into unaffected areas of your property. We use negative air pressure or plastic sheeting to ensure the spores stay put and we can effectively restore your property without the risk of it returning after the job is done.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (727) 586-0060
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Largo?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (727) 586-0060
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Largo is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Largo community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: