A Hair Straightener Can Cause a Small Fire in Your Bathroom
Team SERVPRO Tackles BOTH the Fire Damage in Your Bathroom as Well as the Lingering Smell
Hair straighteners can get very hot, but the potential for fire damage does not come from their heating element. A faulty cord or electrical outlet is much more likely to cause a fire in your bathroom, and unfortunately, these types of fires can be somewhat common. Luckily, the fires that break out from these conditions are usually caught swiftly and small in scale, but even a small blaze has the potential to be damaging to your home. It is vital for you to call for professional restoration services after a fire is extinguished in your home.
While the blaze may not have been tremendous, the fire damage in your Pinellas County bathroom can still be worth hundreds upon hundreds of dollars. The drapes of your window caught fire and burned up, while smoke attached itself to your bathtub, toilet, sink, and walls. Additionally, all of the medication in your medicine cabinet have been compromised, and hundreds of dollars worth of self-care products have also been ruined. While your bathroom is structurally sound, the stains from the soot alone must be handled by an expert, as well as the odors left behind. Even a small fire leaves behind damage that needs a professional touch.
When you call SERVPRO, we always aim to arrive at your residence swiftly. Upon getting to your home, the very first thing SERVPRO can do is investigate the soot adhered around your bathroom. Smoke residue cannot only be cleaned with one method.
Depending on how it has attached itself, the temperature of the smoke and the surrounding area, and what it attaches itself to, the method of cleansing may change. Our technicians may need to employ chemical cleaning solutions in your bathtub while using lubricative cleaning methods on your toilet instead.
To rid your bathroom of the odorous scent left behind, SERVPRO can use advanced trade technology to neutralize the smell. We can use devices such as thermal foggers or hydroxyl generators to combat the odor. Once the smell is gone, the job is done.
Even if the fire that breaks out on your property is small, do not idle. Dial (727) 586-0060 to speak with SERVPRO of Largo. We aim to make you feel "Like it never even happened."
Click here for more information on Pinellas County.