If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (727) 586-0060

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Types of Home Fires and Fire Damage in Largo to Be Aware Of

9/8/2017 (Permalink)

Many fires start in the kitchen. Be vigilant and if a fire does happen, get to safety and after the fire fighters leave, contact SERVPRO.

SERVPRO Technicians Tackle Fire Damage Methodically After a Fire on Your Property

Although home fires can begin anytime and anywhere in Largo, there are a few different types of fires which you should be aware of. Knowing them can help you to lower or even eliminate the risk of a fire starting in your home.
 
The most common kind of fire and fire damage in your Largo home is a grease fire in your kitchen. Grease fires are hazardous since they can get out of hand fast and spread from the stove through the whole kitchen and other rooms of the house. Many grease fires happen when a frying pan is left unattended on the stove. They also occur if a pan is overheated and the grease catches fire. These types of fires can seriously injure you and cause extensive damage to your property.
 
Other kitchen fires can include appliance and oven fires. Fires also begin in your kitchen when electricity contacts water.
 
After a kitchen fire, you need the assistance of a professional fire damage remediation company. SERVPRO has plenty of trained and experienced technicians who can help you clean up after a fire and do so in a timely fashion.
 
If your home is older, it may not have the right wiring to handle the number of electrical appliances many people are using today. Old wiring can be frayed or worn, which causes sparks and shorts that can ignite.
 
Older breaker boxes are built to shut off electrical current when the circuit is overloaded to prevent fire, but many times these connections are broken or worn and do not activate the switch.
 
Lighting can also cause electrical fires, which can be started by improper wiring or use of light bulbs which are higher in wattage than what the appliance recommended.
 
Coil space heaters are very hazardous since the coils ignite anything nearby which is combustible. Keep any space heater at least three feet away from anything that can catch fire including bedding, curtains, furniture, and clothing.
 
Our SERVPRO staff can assist you with cleanup and repair after any fire. We also clean up water damage from firefighting efforts and help you speak with an insurance agent. We understand that any fire, large or small, is a stressful event, so we strive to make the process of restoration as simple for you as possible.
 
SERVPRO of Largo can come to your home any time that you need us to help you get your home back to normal. Residents of Belleair Bluffs, Largo, and Belleair Beach can reach us whenever needed by dialing (727) 586-0060.

For more information regarding Largo, click here

Other News

View Recent Posts

< noscript>< !-- End Facebook Pixel Code -->