Water Leaked into My Tiled Florida Room. How Do I Know There is No Lasting Damage?
Our SERVPRO Technicians in Largo Mitigate Water Damage with Rapid Extraction
Moisture and humidity are an uncomfortable part of living in Largo. Anything that adds excess moisture is undesirable. For instance, water leaking into your Florida room from your kitchen adds to already-high humidity levels. If left too long, excess moisture may attract insects or foster difficult-to-remove mold growth. Detecting, drying, and removing the moisture right away is crucial to the timely repair of your home.
How Did Water Get Under the Tiles?
SERVPRO Inspects to Detect Hidden Moisture
There are always unique obstacles to water restoration projects in Largo, each requiring customized solutions. For instance, our technicians may find water under the tiles when using moisture detection equipment during their preliminary damage scope. Typically, moisture can appear under flooring when there is pre-existing damage like cracks in the tiles themselves or damaged grouting. If moisture goes undetected under the tiles, you may face more extensive damage like the tiles lifting.
What Equipment Does SERVPRO Use to Remove the Excess Moisture?
- To dry hidden areas in hard-surfaced flooring, technicians may use Injectidry equipment by the trim work and lower walls.
- A combination of panels and hosing make up our Injectidry system that pulls excess moisture from the tiles.
- Technicians use low-profile air moving equipment such as the Velo™ Air Mover in conjunction with a dehumidifier that pulls moisture from the air while blowing warm air over the tiles to dry them.
What Makes Low-Profile Air Movers Different from Regular Box Fans?
- Velo™ air movers feature high-velocity air movement while only drawing 1.9 amps.
- They have broad airflow that covers a larger surface area, allowing for uniform drying across your tile flooring.
- Technicians can position them both horizontally and vertically for optimal drying.
For prompt 24/7 assistance dealing with water damage, contact SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060. We make it "Like it never even happened. "