The Remarkable Environment of the Largo Area
Largo’s Beautiful Natural Landscapes and Unique Wildlife
As a Largo resident, you may not realize all the natural resources your city has to offer, which is because familiarity often causes us to overlook or miss things that visitors readily notice. Our city’s prime location in Florida blesses it with access to miles of white sand beaches, numerous parks, and a wide variety of wildlife. Local beaches cater to every type of beachgoer, whether energetic young people searching for fun in the sun, families with children, or older couples wanting to watch a sunset. Area parks offer visitors hours of peaceful leisure and play host to many birds, land-based creatures, and aquatic life.
The Diverse and Picturesque Beaches Near Largo
One of the many advantages to residing on Florida’s Gulf Coast is having easy access to numerous beautiful beaches. The ones of the Largo area are located just offshore, on a string of barrier islands, and offer visitors remarkably diverse experiences. The most notable of these oceanfront areas are:
- Honeymoon Island Beach, an unspoiled natural island seashore, where you can escape the crowds, enjoy miles of white sand beaches, and observe a local eagle population
- Clearwater Beach, a laid-back oceanfront with calm waters and numerous casual cafes and restaurants
- Sand Key Beach, a park beach within a short seven-mile drive of Largo that is perfect for seashell hunting, bird-watching, and observing sunsets
- Belleair Beach, a small family-friendly beach with bathrooms, showers, and a picnic area
- Indian Rocks Beach, a quiet seashore with shallow waters that is perfect for families with small children
- Indian Shores Beach, a popular place for locals that has convenient parking and is close to numerous eateries and other conveniences
All located within twenty short miles of Largo, these picturesque seashores range from the exceedingly remote and secluded to those closer to the action. Taken together, they have something attractive to individuals, couples, and families with children.
Largo’s Various Parks
Several parks perfect for nature watching and other outdoor activities are distributed throughout the city of Largo. So, regardless of where residents live in town, they are never far from one of these natural oases. With that said, the primary local parks include:
- Eagle Lake Park, a natural area boasting several walking trails, a 2,000-foot wetland boardwalk, a couple of ponds, and catch and release fishing spots
- George McGough Nature Park, home of a large aquatic turtle population, hosts the Narrows Environmental Education Center, which contains several live animal exhibits and offers numerous children’s activities
- John Bonner Nature Park, a small park with wooded birding trails and a wetland boardwalk to the Intracoastal Waterway
- John Taylor Park, a large natural area with a big lake, multi-use trails, and a disc golf course
- Largo Central Park, a community centerpiece that has 70 acres of recreational space, several playgrounds, and a performing arts center that accommodates concerts and plays
- Largo Central Park Nature Preserve, an area with a butterfly garden, hiking trails, a pond, and a kayak launch, where you can observe various kinds of wildlife
Locals can exercise at each of these nearby venues, watch wildlife, and generally experience the great outdoors.
Fauna of the Largo Area
While residents are out in one of the previously mentioned natural environments, they should keep their eyes peeled for some of the locale’s other residents. These incredibly diverse creatures can be observed in the air, on land, and in the water. Some of those commonly seen around our community are:
- Great Blue Herons, wading birds with long necks that are often found in wetlands
- Brown Pelicans, birds with large, scoop-like beaks usually seen around coastal areas
- Red Foxes, a common dog-like animal that is land-based
- Marsh Rabbits, small cottontail rabbits found in swamps and marshes
- American Alligators, dark-colored alligators that have a broad snout and are generally found in freshwater wetlands
- Manatees, large aquatic mammals that live in shallow, marshy coastal areas
Regardless of which natural venue you decide to visit in our area, if you stay long enough, you have a good chance of observing one of these delightful creatures.
As you can see, Largo possesses tons of natural beauty and offers its residents several convenient locations to fully experience it. Whatever outdoor activities you may desire, our community and its environs likely have for which you are looking. At the same time, the local environment’s biodiversity often delights even the most experienced wildlife enthusiasts.
With all that said, SERVPRO of Largo would like to remind you that we are always here to help. Unlike other local services, our highly skilled technicians are specifically trained to handle significant water cleanups. Moreover, they have all the necessary high-tech equipment to do the job right. So, when you need assistance, call us at (727) 586-0060.
What Does Water Cleanup Involve?
Water cleanup services are often needed when pipes leak or rupture, a roof leak develops, your home’s drainage system becomes clogged, or when appliances malfunction. These problems, and the water-related issues they produce, can develop slowly over the long term, or suddenly happen all at once. Regardless of the cause of your home’s standing water and excess moisture, SERVPRO professionals work to clean it up by:
- Using moisture sensors and meters, as well as infrared cameras, to precisely identify the sources of the water and the materials impacted by it
- Blocking the water source
- Employing wet vacs and powerful extractors to remove standing water
- Drying out interior air and impacted surfaces with high-tech air movers, dehumidifiers, and Injectidry systems
- Treating affected furnishings and carpeting with injection devices
- Eliminating water-related odors with cutting edge foggers that aerosolize EPA-approved antimicrobials and deodorants
In all these ways, SERVPRO of Largo quickly works to remediate your water-related situation. Ultimately, our experts’ goal is to effectively complete your job while saving you the most time and money possible. With that in mind, remember us whenever you need water cleanup services. Call us anytime at (727) 586-0060 for assistance.