What Emergency Services Do You Provide If A Fire Occurs in My Home?
SERVPRO has Professionally Trained Technicians That Can Provide Emergency Fire Mitigation to Any Largo Home Damaged by fire
If your residence in Largo should ever need fire restoration services, you want a company that will be there from start to finish. SERVPRO steps in and provides emergency services and then moves on to clean up, repair, and restoration.
What are Emergency Services?
When you call SERVPRO because of fire damage to your Largo home, emergency fire mitigation happens first. Emergency services:
- Reduce losses to the property
- Reduce claims expense
- Minimize the disruption to you
- Provide a safe work site
- Prepare the site for cleanup and restoration work
What Are the Steps Taken During This Process?
Each home and fire are different, but some necessary steps typically happen in the process. Safety is foremost for anyone going into the structure. So, the first step is to conduct building inspections allowing the crew to check for any safety or health hazards present. Here are some other measures we take in the beginning.
- Board up the residence.This protection prevents any unwanted intrusions into your home. It also protects against the weather.
- Extract water and dry the structure. Water is a necessary part of extinguishing a fire. Excessive water needs extracted, and the structure requires drying out. Our crews set up drying equipment and monitor moisture content.
- Establish emergency electricity. A temporary power source needs set up immediately.
- Deodorize areas that are affected. Removing odors is not always done right away. If the smoke odors are overpowering, then deodorizing right away may be required. Air scrubbers or thermal fogging get used.
- Initial cleaning begins. It can include cleaning personal items needed by occupants wherever they are staying. It prevents secondary damage from soot residues. It can also involve pre-treating items such as carpets and removing charred remains.
- Pest extermination if needed. If there is a problem with pests, this needs to be dealt with right away. We move contents to the warehouse after ensuring the removal of all pests.
What Can I Do to Help?
Your home is not just a building where you and your family eat and sleep. It is a treasure trove of memories and items that mean something to you. Your home is grandma’s dishes, a child’s artwork, and dad’s war memorabilia. Your first impulse is naturally going to be to help. But the things you do can impact the cleaning and restoration if not handled the right way. Improper cleaning can make restoration harder, if not impossible.
Things to Do That Can Help
If the structure is sound and you can go inside the home safely, certain things are helpful. You can cover carpeting and furniture with towels or old linens to prevent further fire damage in Largo. We ensure they are colorfast. Limit the amount of movement in the house as this spreads the soot. Be sure your hands are clean at all times. If you have residue on your hands, you can cause more fire damage to anything you touch. Things like faucets and appliances can get cleaned with a light lubricant coating in the kitchen and bathroom areas. Empty the refrigerator and freezer of food. You could change furnace filters if your HVAC system were running.
What Not to Do
You may want to do things that look easy, but do not attempt them. For example, do not clean any walls. Do not operate electrical appliances or equipment until they have been cleaned and inspected. If you have clothing that is smoke damaged, do not send it out to the dry cleaners. Unless they have the training to treat clothing that has been in a fire, the process can embed the smells and residues. Please keep in mind carbon monoxide, and smoke residue may still be around, so never enter a severely burnt home until you know it is safe.
Let Us Manage the Stress of the Mess
The more you leave in the hands of our fire damage experts, the better. Your job is to keep your family together and calm. Our job is to clean and restore your home and leave it, “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO’s crew are professionally trained and certified:
- Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)
- Fire and Smoke Restoration Technicians (FSRT
- Contractor Licenses: General: CBC1250662
- Contractor Licenses: Mold Remediation: MRSR1163
Contact SERVPRO of Largo at (727) 586-0060 for expert fire damage service. We assist you and your insurance, ensuring everything gets handled properly. You can have peace of mind knowing we are doing everything possible to restore your home. We’re Faster To Any Size Disaster.