I Need to Get Started on Fire Restoration, Where Do I Begin?
SERVPRO Has the Techniques and Manpower to Handle Fire Restoration to Bring Your Largo Home Back to Life
While DIY efforts may be at the forefront of your mind after a fire in your Largo home, hiring skilled technicians for the job yields the best results. Professional cleaning and restoration reduce the cost of your overall fire damage claim and also shortens the time that you have to wait to return your life to the way it was before the loss. SERVPRO is available to apply all of our proven methods for cleaning to restore your materials and belongings to preloss condition. Our goal with every job we are called to is to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Is There Anything I Can Do Right After the Fire Has Been Extinguished?
When faced with fire damage in Largo, SERVPRO is available and ready to work seven days a week, 24 hours a day. Our emergency restoration services address the airborne threats and debris throughout your home that would be difficult to tackle using do-it-yourself methods alone. Upon arrival, the crew chief does a walkthrough after first responders deem your home safe for entry. This assessment identifies all levels of damage and any unique challenges that may be present so that we can formulate the best practices for proceeding.
Our crews arrive on the scene with advanced equipment and tools geared toward helping to remove stubborn soot and smoke residue. With any fire loss, prompt mitigation helps lessen the severity of damage while reducing the onset of hazardous, long-lasting effects.
Why Should I Enlist the Help of SERVPRO for Fire Restoration?
We have IICRC-certified technicians trained to look for all areas where soot and smoke residue might have traveled, including tight cracks and crevices. Any damaged debris or materials get entirely removed so that we can tackle the rest of the restoration and replacement. We devise a plan that is structured so that we can use our resources in a fast and effective manner, including:
- If necessary, pack-out services facilitate the removal of personal belongings to our facility so that they can be cleaned in detail.
- We remove soot from all surfaces to eliminate the onset of corrosion.
- Technicians get assigned to clean walls, ceilings, and other surfaces
- All structural elements go through a detailed inspection to ensure safety.
- Insulation that has taken on a great deal of smoke damage can be replaced with brand-new materials.
Can I Start Cleaning Up Before Your Team Arrives?
It is essential to wait until the first responders declare your interior safe for entry once the flames are extinguished. However, it is recommended that you wait until our crew arrives to address any charred debris or soot within the affected areas. Professional intervention is best after a fire for several reasons:
- Toxicity is a concern throughout the debris and residue that fire leaves behind. SERVPRO arrives and uses personal protective equipment (PPE) to manage your fire damage project safely.
- Moisture throughout the affected area must also be addressed. Any water or chemicals left behind after extinguishing the flames have to be cleaned up, and the area dried thoroughly. We use extraction techniques and professional-grade equipment to help speed the process.
- Our crew chief takes the time to assess portions of your structure to determine stability carefully – this includes the ceilings, walls, and floors.
- The cleaning methods and products that we use depend on all the materials impacted and how they burned. We take into consideration the chemical composition and nature of all impacted materials and adjust our cleaning methods accordingly.
- To ensure that your interior is not riddled with lingering odors from the fire, we have a broad range of EPA-cleaning agents and powerful disinfectants that clean and deodorize your home.
We use a variety of cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to preloss condition, including:
- Agitation: this involves moving surfaces, cleaning solutions, or both, during the cleaning process. Agitation helps to dislodge soils so that they can easily be washed away. Some of these methods include scrubbing, rotating brushes, water or air pressure, wiping, and sandblasting.
- Chemical Action: this involves cleaning solutions that make the process of cleaning easier. We use the idea that ‘like dissolves like’ – meaning water-based solutions work best on water-based soils, where oil-based cleaning solutions work best on oil-based soils.
- Suspension and Dispersion: this is where loosening soils comes in handy as the most common cleaning action. This gets followed by suspending these soils and dispersing them in a cleaning solution. We then extract soils with the cleaning solution.
We have the tried-and-true fire damage techniques that you need after dealing with fire loss in your home. Call SERVPRO of Largo whenever you need us at (727) 586-0060, and we send out a crew as soon as possible to get to work.